LOVE YOUR MELON
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
LOVE YOUR MELON
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE PROMOTION (DEFINED BELOW) IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IN THE EVENT THE PROMOTION IS ENTERED VIA A MOBILE DEVICE, MESSAGE AND DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO THE PROMOTION DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. SPONSOR. LYM Holdings, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, located at 450 Lexington Ave, #4530, New York, New York, 10163 (the “Sponsor”). By entering or participating in the Promotion (defined below), each Entrant (defined below) accepts and agrees to be bound by these official Promotion rules (these “Official Rules”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Love Your Melon Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Promotion is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, advertising, sales promotion, and judging agencies, and all other service agencies involved with the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion, and members of the immediate families (defined for these Official Rules as spouses, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or individuals living in the same household (whether related or not) of any of the above are not eligible to participate.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins at 2:00 PM EST on September 22, 2023 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on September 23, 2023 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
4. HOW TO ENTER. During the Promotion Period, you may enter the Promotion by (i) visiting the Love Your Melon table at CureFest 2023 at Freedom Plaza, Washington, DC 20560 on September 22, 2023 and September 23, 2023 between 2:00 PM EST and 10:00 PM EST; (ii) scanning the QR code presented at the Love Your Melon table; and (iii) on the landing page from the QR code, signing up to receive email communications from Love Your Melon. No purchase is necessary to enter or claim a Prize, and a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Limit: One (1) entry per person/account. Entries received in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries must be received with all required elements no later than the conclusion of the Promotion Period. Use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all of their entries will be deemed invalid and any Prize won shall be forfeited.
Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, or that contain false information, have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, such entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. PRIVACY. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Please see Sponsor’s privacy policies located at https://loveyourmelon.com/pages/privacypolicy for details regarding the use of personal information collected in connection with the Promotion. Any personal information relating to entrants and subject to these Official Rules will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent. Personal information relating to entrants will be retained by Sponsor for a reasonable period after the Promotion closes to allow Sponsor to operate the Promotion and other promotional activities in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Promotion, as well as to send information about Sponsor’s products to entrants. You may unsubscribe at any time from email communications from Sponsor by clicking the “unsubscribe” button or by following the instructions for unsubscribing included in any email communication from Sponsor. If you are selected as a Winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available Winner’s list.
6. DRAWING DATE. One (1) potential Winner will be randomly selected on or about September 25, 2023 (the “Drawing Date”) from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select another Winner. The random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on these Official Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Promotion and neither Sponsor shall not enter into any correspondence or discussion.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION. The potential Winner will be notified on or about September 25, 2023, by email communication from [email protected] to the email address provided in potential Winner’s entry. The potential Winner will be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours indicating whether they can accept the Prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate potential Winner will be randomly selected (time permitting). Any alternate potential Winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service which may result in a potential Winner not receiving initial Prize notification.
If a potential Winner is eighteen (18) years of age, but considered a minor in state of residence, the Prize will be awarded to a parent/legal guardian of the Winner. A Prize will be sent only upon verification by Sponsor that all Promotion requirements have been met by the potential Winner. Sponsor may require potential Winner to prove their identity, including proof of address. Examples of identification documents include, but are not limited to, passport, driver’s license, or current utility bill.
Failure of the potential Winner to comply with the above Prize claim requirements or these Official Rules for any reason, or the return of the Prize notification or Prize as undeliverable, or the determination that the potential Winner is ineligible to receive a Prize, may result in forfeiture of the Prize and selection of alternate potential Winners in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any entrant’s change of email address, mailing address, telephone number, and/or other contact information.
YOU ARE NOT A WINNER UNTIL YOUR ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED, AND IT IS DETERMINED THAT YOU HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
8. PRIZE AND ODDS. Sponsor will award one (1) one hundred dollar ($100) shopping spree to loveyourmelon.com via a promotion code (the “Prize”) to the verified winner (the “Winner”) on or about the Drawing Date. Approximate retail value of each Prize is $100.00 USD. Actual value may vary depending on variables outside of the Sponsor’s control. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. A Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value at any time.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT MATERIALS ON ITS WEBSITE RELATING TO THE PROMOTION ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE AT ALL LOCATIONS AT ALL TIMES. IT IS ENTRANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT ACCESSING SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND ENTERING THE PROMOTION IS LEGAL AND NOT PROHIBITED BY THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH ENTRANT IS A CITIZEN.
10. INDEMNIFICATION. By entering, you agree that Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Promotion Entities”), are indemnified, released and will be held harmless by you from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to person(s), including death, or property, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or your participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, in any way.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to: (a) any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Prize; (b) lost, late, illegible, misdirected, or non-delivered entries or emails; (c) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (d) for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (f) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (g) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any website; or (h) injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion or downloading or copying materials from or use of websites.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ENTRANT’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, IN ANY MANNER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner grants (and agrees to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority the right to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information at any time or times for advertising, trade, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification, approval or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts in New York, New York.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find may be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Promotion or any associated website, may be acting in violation of the terms of an associated website or these Official Rules or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, and randomly determine the potential Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or it agents. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Official Rules without notice.
13. WINNER’S LIST. The name of the Winner will be available on or about October 1, 2023. To receive the name of the Winner by mail, please mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 450 Lexington Ave, #4530, New York, New York, 10163. The name of the Winner will be sent once verified.