We put together a list of our favorite educational programs, apps and resources to help parents and families provide their children with engaging and interactive activities during this time. These are available via most smartphones, tablets and computers and are free to access.
We’ll continue updating this list as we find new ones. Together, we are doing everything we can to support children and families battling cancer and those affected by the virus. Thank you for your support.
- WB Kids Go: Cartoons and Games involving characters from shows such as Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, and more.
- Storyline: Videos of famous celebrities reading your favorite children’s stories.
- Tembe Elephant Park: Watch live elephants, giraffes, monkeys, hippos and other African animals in the wild.
- Space Racers: NASA-sponsored space-themed kids TV shows, games, and educational activities.
- Live Animal Cams: Watch live wildlife cams featuring deer, birds, pandas, giraffes and more from all around the world.
- Friends Preschool: Virtual storytime sessions and fun home science, art, and learning activities.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: Mindfulness and interactive exercises including yoga, dance lessons, and other activities.
- SuperCrew Coloring Pages: Downloadable and printable coloring pages from the Love Your Melon Adventures of the SuperCrew children’s book.
- Warner Bros. DC Comics, and Harry Potter Coloring and Activities: Downloadable and printable coloring pages, crossword puzzles, and craft projects provided by the Warner Bros. team.
- Harry Potter at Home Hub: Harry Potter games, puzzles, drawing lessons, as well as free audiobooks and stories to follow at home.
Parent eLearning Resources for Kids:
- Google Learn at Home: Google has partnered with Khan Academy and other learning creators to bring parents & families resources and educational activities. These resources won’t replace any homework assigned by teachers, but they can complement that work.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-to-day projects and activities to keep kids Pre-K through 9th grade reading, thinking and learning.
- Amazing Educational Resources: A spreadsheet of 300+ education companies offering free subscriptions for eLearning resources.
- Khan Academy: Thousands of video tutorials created for K-12 teaching the ins-and-outs of topics and subjects such as algebra, trigonometry, calculus, finance, physics, economics and more.
- NeoK12: Educational videos, lessons, quizzes and games for K-12 students in various subject areas such as science, math, health, social studies and English.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo: Drawing lessons with Mo Willems, a children’s book writer and animator.
- HippoCampus : Educational video tutorials for middle school and high school students.
- Mystery Science: Science videos designed for kids K-4.
- NASA Kids Club: A safe place for children to play as they learn about NASA and its missions.
- Math Games: Math games and skill practice for grades Pre-K through 8.
- Scratch Jr: An app designed to teach kids how to code their own interactive games.
- Google Arts & Culture Virtual Tours: Over 500 museums and art galleries you can visit virtually.
- National Geographic Kids: Games, videos and educational tools for kids about their favorite animals.
- Circle Time Fun: Dynamic and interactive yoga, sing-alongs, cooking classes, sensory tactile activities, and storytime sessions available on demand or live.
- Marshmallow Games: Interactive and dynamic educational apps featuring math and science lessons.
- Alex Lemonade Stand Lesson Plans: Home activities and resources for character building and practicing academic skills.
- Talking to Children about COVID-19: Advice from the CDC for parents and guardians talking to children about Coronavirus.
- P.E. with Joe: Free online gym classes and daily workouts for kids to stay active at home. Available via YouTube.
- Cook-Along Videos with Delish: Virtual cook-along videos on Instagram Live every weekday at 1PM Eastern Time for parents and kids to learn recipes and cook together.
- Art for Kids Hub: Online drawing and art tutorials for kids.
Free eBooks and Audio Books:
- Free Audio Books: A collection of over 450 free audio books featuring many children's classics including The Wizard of Oz, Grimm's Fairy Tales, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, and more.
- Free eBooks: A collection of children's classics in eBook format downloadable directly to your Kindle, iPad, Nook or computer.
- Project Gutenberg: An eBook site, which hosts over 40,000 free eBooks and is accessible via Kindle, Android, iPad, and iPhone.
- International Children's Digital Library: A digital library with free access to high-quality children's books from around the world in different languages including Arabic, Afrikaans, English, Farsi and more. Books hosted are suitable for kids aged 3-5, 6-9, and 10-13.